The sashimi Tuna Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing is a tasty, healthy and easy cooked dish that everyone loves to eat, besides the traditional dressing; you can make the dressing of your own choice. The key part is when you’re cooking the tuna with salt and pepper you can take a tuna steak or whatever manner you like to cook. This Asian-inspired recipe is best diet for your health as well.
Well for the dressing, it is your choice whether you like the Asian- dressing, sesame tuna salad style or any other dressing.
For preparing of the dish you need following ingredients:
- 2- Medium-sized tuna steaks or according to the serving (with fresh or frozen, it’s your choice)
- 1 – Cup sliced red cabbage
- 2 – Avocados, thinly sliced
- 4 – Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1- Head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Cup Sesame seeds, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 Cup wonton or tortilla strips (your choice)
- 1 Cup Carrot matchsticks
- 1 Cucumber, cut into matchsticks
For the Carrot Ginger dressing, here the list of ingredients:
- 1 or 2 medium Sized Carrot,
- 1 Stalk Celery, Chopped
- 1 Small yellow Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower/Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
INSTRUCTIONS for Preparing and Cooking
First of all, blend all the ingredients that will be used in the dressing. Put the carrots in a food processor till it ground finally. Then you need to add the chopped ginger, chopped Celery, yellow chopped onion, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt and pulse until ginger are minced. Transfer mixture to a blender. You can also add some water for smooth blend. Then prepare the veggies and put them in a large salad bowls equally. Put the tuna steaks in fry pan when olive oil start gets heated; sear it for just 30 seconds on each side. Then after that slice the tuna steak with sharp knife and share in each salad bowl.